UMCU now equipped to respond to members in real-time, with real solutions.
A recent market survey showed that less than 13% of credit unions have an online chat interactive voice- or text-response system (IVR) to serve their members. In addition, thousands of others use IVRs that have a very limited ability to understand member responses, often creating frustration and negative, brand-killing online experiences. Increasingly, consumers will not tolerate even limited “friction” in their ability to interact with financial institutions, especially with IVRs that are not dynamic. However, when done right, a highly interactive automated online chat can have an extraordinary business impact.
inquiries to apply
UMCU was able to deploy Clinc’s innovative chat technology during the height of the pandemic, making it easier for members to ask questions online. Developed in close collaboration with Clinc, Inc., the feature upgraded the member experience by enabling information to be found quickly through UMCU’s website on desktop and mobile, via both text- and voice-based queries.
- Gross queries: 10,145
- Queries after hours: 5,621
- After hours queries: 55%
Robust “Intent to Apply” for Products – The number of consumers engaging with an “intent to apply” for a UMCU product (asking for a link to an application) through the Clinc text/voice chat service was higher than anticipated as a percentage of total queries.
- 7.81% of queries had an “intent to apply” and were provided with a link to a product application and/or product rates page
- 793 queries presented with an actionable product link
- Relatively even split — 53% during off-hours, 47%during business hours
- Scheduling appointments (due to COVID-related requests)
- Response to 1099 tax requests • Answers to new kinds of queries about auto loans and mortgages
- Credit/debit card services